Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Restaurant Review of The Bistro, Sundridge, Ontario

My First Restaurant Review!
Bernards Bistro as the locals call it "The Bistro"

We where invited to accompany my son and his small family to a restaurant located in our busiest business section of our small village, of Sundridge Ontario.  I place I had not visited since it opened. Keep in mind, I do not go out to eat much do to my restrictions I have put upon myself to improve my health. I did feel compelled to share with you what a wonderful place The Bistro is.

Even though it is set back off the Main Street, it is well worth the visit, not only is it clean, staff is very welcoming and friendly, but you get the an amazing view over looking Lake Bernard. You can choose to sit in doors or on the screened in porch, either one is wonderful.

The menu had a wide range of food choices that any family could not only choose from but could afford.  In addition a list of desserts of homemade baked pies and cheese cakes.

 Our table ordered  their; Fish (Haddock) and Chip Dinner, Seafood Platter and the Chicken Strips.   They came with homemade fresh cut fries and you could opted out the fries for a healthier choices of Caesar or Chef Salads if you choose.

The Fish, I say was for superior and the best fish I have had in a long time.  The tastes makes my mouth water as I write, thinking of the thinly battered coating and the moistness of the fish itself.  To me, it was perfectly cooked. Our party also enjoyed their seafood platter that had the fish and shrimp.  The chickens strips was also moist in delicious. Later, test tasting the Strawberry Vinaigrette Dressing, made me wish I would have opted out for that and the Chef Salad instead of the fries and gravy . Don't get me wrong, the fries to where wonderful and filling, I just usually do choose the salad, and seeing the salad it to looked very appealing. I just wanted to treat myself with a little meal cheater and had the fries.

The sitting arrangement was very comfortable and with others in the same room we enjoyed and could hear each other comfortably, even with light music playing in the background.  There was a nice fireplace lit and seem to set the atmosphere.

I am defiantly looking forward to returning to this new found restaurant nestled in our own town. Now, finding this great place we wont have to dread that drive to go to well known franchise restaurant out of town because in my opinion, this meets it standards if not higher.

This is a reflection of my experience and opinion.  Please take the time to visit the Bistro (Bernards Bistro) and I look forward to hear about your experience too!


Please view and visit the Bernards Bistro on line
To view Bernards Bistro; Mike Kelly.


Thanking you for your reading and wishing you good health.
MS and Living Life...