Friday, January 13, 2017

Saying hello to 2017




As this year ends and a new year begins, I cross over this bridge. With every step, I will let the negative things flow down the stream.  Saying goodbye to 2016 and its events that carried me through this journey, leaving me with a strong positive mindset.  

With this MS journey of mine, I like many others with this disease have been struggling with depression. My depression was not just from my diagnosis of having this illness, has been from what the illness has done to me from my past relapses.  I often struggle off and on throughout the year. With the lack of sun in the winter months, it is important that I stay consistent with taking my Vitamin D. In my research, it is  repetitive in my findings within MS research sites, which states that with MS and taking this supplement, improves our health and helps diminishes some of the symptoms that we with MS often experience. Such as; Fatigue, Numbness, Tingling, Memory, dizziness, blurry vision, just to mention a few.

Some start the New Year with: "New Year, New me". For me, that saying is nothing but a load of crap!  I do, however, use this time of year to look back and measure how my disease is affecting my health,  my family, my over-all well-being and how it is affecting my life. How I can now improve things. 

Depression had been one of the things I have been struggling with this year.  Which is why I find I haven't been doing my blog posts.  Some of the MS symptoms I have been experiencing this past year has affected me not only emotionally but also physically. Keeping me closer to home.  I know these things usually pass just as many of the other symptoms have. It just seems that it affected me on a deeper level then the symptoms in the past have. 

Maybe, triggering the thoughts within me, telling me; "Yes girl, you really do have MS, now deal with it!" Now get out there and improve your life while you can. You face each day on a positive thought.  Physically do what you can to improve your health, because, you are the only one that can do it.  
No one can do it for you.

What is it you would like to improve this year? 
Let me know in the comments below. I would love to hear your feedback.

Sherry


* Please read ~ Disclaimer* 

2 comments:

  1. I hope your depression subsided. I have not had to deal with depression much. I hope the MS calmed down too! I try to stay positive cause it helps me to deal with life easier?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kim for taking the time to comment.
      You are right thinking positive really does help bring you back into the swing of life. Hoping to get back writing and sharing on my blog again soon.

      Delete

Comment your thoughts....