Thursday, October 29, 2015

Why I cut my long hair off?

"Eeeeeek!" AsI heard the sound of my six inch hair sliding down the back side of the hairdressers cape as the clippers buzzed. Yep! It was too late to change my mind! I quickly raised my hand and ran my fingers through the back of my head!


"Wow, its all gone!" I thought. As the girl asked me  for the third time, if I was okay with it being gone.

Sensing, she too was just as hesitant on quickly cutting it so short. ....
"Yes!" I said "To late to turn back now, isn't it?" and laughed. "It will grow back fast if I don't like it anyway! No worries! Its' going to be a  big change for me!"

I was pleased when she explained to me how thick my hair is and how full my new cut would look. I was happy as when I started my drug modifying therapy drugs, (DMT's), Copaxzone injections, the first few months my hair was coming out by the handfuls.  Scared the crap out of me! I honestly thought, I would never have a thick head of hair again.  So this was a relief.

Surprisingly, the big heap of hair that she swept up when she was done, made me feel good. Happy to have it off, as I knew it would be so much easier to look after and do in the mornings. Good hair for me is the best way to start my day.

Now, a couple days later, I often catch myself running my fingers through my hair still. A habit I have gained having long hair. But when reaching the back where I used to let it drop as it reaches the end.  Awkwardly, now feeling its shortness, I find my self saying; "Oh yes! Its' gone!"

Still this being so new, I also find myself taking a double take in any one of my mirrors around my house, taking a second take, saying; "What the hell?" Then I quickly remind myself, "You cut it off." Shake my head at myself, smile, giggle a little and go on with what I was doing.

This isn't the first time I have done a drastic cut to my hair when I worked hard to let it grow long. This time, I just couldn't let it grow any longer. It took me so long to do, dry and manage. More energy then I wanted to spend, on just doing my hair each morning. Also, my hands and fingers don't always want to work with me on somedays, with MS. So assuming this is going to make it easier too. I am hoping that the little headaches will not come back, feeling they where being caused from the heaviness of my hair.

You see, I feel I  had a M S pseudo relapse a couple weeks ago.  I knew it a new hair cut would give me that spark and the lift I needed to keep pushing myself, mentally and physically to regain control of my health.

I am so happy with this hair cut. I am glad I stepped out and took the chance to change something that is such importance to me.   I was debating  to do it for some time.  When contemplating cutting it, I replayed  the voices of a few good friends, in my mind telling me, how much better I look with short hair. Thank you for those who are honest and chance to voice their opinions. Plus, thanks to hubby for telling me it looks sexy! ;)



Yes, I cut my hair!


I know doing my hair is so much quicker to do.  Leaving my morning routine quicker and easier. Now it will be easier for my to follow this one saying,  No matter how you feel. Just get up. Dress up, Show up and Never give up!

A change is good!

Have yourself a great day!
MS and living life..... Sherry






No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment your thoughts....